There are a wide variety of area rugs which have each require bespoke processes to return them to their former glory.
are beautiful and expensive. Don’t risk permanently damaging your rugs trying to clean them yourself or letting them lay unclean for extended periods. Trust the professionals at DR Floor Care to disinfect and deodorise your precious rugs, because unfortunately if you do nothing,they trap years of grime, bacteria, and allergens which increase the risk of illness in your home. Moths are a known predator and have been known to devour areas of rugs due to lack of vacuuming. Also, dirt breaks down the delicate fibres of your oriental rug and causes uneven wear. The good news is that DR Floor Care Technicians are fully trained and experienced in thoroughly cleaning area and antique rugs without damaging the fabric. Our cleaning process is gentle and customised to your specific rug, in our specialised offsite facility.
Our professional, certified technicians are skilled in cleaning expensive and vintage area rugs, so you don’t have to worry about wicking or pile damage. We guarantee an excellent job the first time, every time, and will leave your rug looking fresh and clean and free of toxins. Our chemicals are environmentally safe and won’t damage the colour or style, either.
Contact us today to schedule an initial consultation and free estimate on area rug cleaning.
It’s never too late!
Wool is a protein-based fibre containing natural lanolin oil. Lanolin in combination with the natural construction of wool, make it very resilient to stains and easier to stay clean than most synthetic fibres.
To extend your wool rug’s life, follow these valuable tips:
- consider using a breathable non-slip mesh under pad when laying your rug on a hardwood or tile floor.
- rug rotation ensures even wear, so be sure to rotate your rug at least once a year.
- when placing your furniture, lightly set it down and then move it slightly in the direction of the pile at least weekly.
- clean with a low-powered vacuum cleaner. Don’t pull any long ends of yarns, but instead use scissors to trim evenly with the rug surface.
- when storing your rug, do not fold or put in airtight plastic bag. Rather, roll with the rug with backing showing and wrap it with cloth for protection.
- use a sponge, wipe a mixture of a mild dish soap and water lightly over the entire surface of the rug. Remove by wiping again using a clean cloth and water.
- for deep cleaning, your wool rug should be professionally cleaned every 3years or when you notice the colours to be less vibrant. Rugs in extremely high-traffic areas may require more frequent cleaning. DR Floor Care technicians are experts at this type of cleaning and only too happy to help.
Stains – treat immediately by diluting the area with soda water or water and salt and let it be absorbed. Use a clean white cloth or paper towel, cover the area and press down several times with your hand or foot. Continue to blot the area until the stain is removed. Do not rub. If the stain persists, call the team at DR Floor Care immediately.
These are an inexpensive way to change the look of any room.
Cotton rugs are indisputably the easiest rugs to care for.
Vacuumed regularly, they keep their shape and brightness for some time.Many are even machine washable.
Avoid placing in direct sunlight as this will hasten colour fading.
However, as every rug inevitably does, they get to a point when the professionals need to step in and breathe new life into your floor coverings. You can’t beat the team at DR Floor Care, it’s what we specialise in.
These offer value for money and can be created to cater for any taste in terms of colour and patterns. Highly durable and colourfast, they are ideal for high-traffic areas.
To keep indoor synthetic rugs in the best condition, vacuum regularly and blot spills immediately with an absorbent cloth.
Outdoor synthetic rugs can be washed with a mild detergent and hosed down.
For best results, periodic professional cleaning is a must. After all, you don’t want to change your soft furnishing until YOU’RE ready for a new look.